I’m a busy girl, but I love good food. This one pot meal is so yummy, very forgiving, and calls for lots of veggies. It’s my go-to comfort and convenience food.
I’m not sure what to call this recipe… it reminds me of a traditional pasta e fagioli (without the pasta), or a southern goulash. Either way, I can chock it full of veggies and enjoy it multiple times throughout the week.
If you are even a bit OCD and need super specific directions, this recipe may not be for you. There are so many possible variations that it may send some of my meticulous friends into a tailspin. But if you like to “wing it” or love the idea of a fool proof, one pot meal, then please proceed.
***If you have finicky eaters, finely chop undesirable veggies or pulse in a food processor before adding to pot. Trust me, they’ll never know 😉
Ingredients (Bear with me, there are lots of options):
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Protein (4 Cups total) : 1lb Ground Turkey, 1 Can Black Beans and/or 1 Can Kidney Beans
Hardy/Root Veggies (4 Cups total) : Onions, Garlic, Celery, Bell Peppers, Sweet Peppers, Carrots
Veggies (4 Cups total) : Zucchini, Squash, Kale, Cabbage, Greens
2 Cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes
4 Cups Water or Vegetable Broth
Italian Seasoning, Sea Salt, Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add ground turkey. Stir occasionally, cook until browned. (If using only canned beans, skip this step)
- Add hardy/root veggies to pot. Saute until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add veggies, canned tomatoes, canned beans, water or broth to pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat. Add Italian Seasoning, Salt & Pepper. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot or let cool and store in refrigerator or freezer.
And it’s that simple! In less than 30 minutes, you’ve got a quick, simple, family friendly meal.